5 Simple Ways To Make Money For Immigrants
Making money is essential to living a well-rounded, happy life. But as an immigrant in the United States of America, finding a job can seem like a constant uphill battle.Thankfully, the gig-worker economy is pretty strong here — and it's well-suited to immigrants because you're less likely to face discrimination, secure a job faster, and find work opportunities in your native language.
Throughout the sections below, we'll uncover the top five ways to make money for immigrants, so you can build the life you want.
Top 5 Ways To Make Money For Immigrants
1. Care For People's Pets
If you love animals, you can put your adoration to good use by making money caring for people's pets.
The services you offer can include one or all of the following:
- Dog walking
- Pet sitting
- Animal boarding
Nowadays, you can find plenty of gig platforms dedicated to pet services. All you need to do is sign up, gain acceptance, and find clients in your city.
Depending on your chosen platform, you can dictate the types and sizes of pets you wish to work with. That way, you'll only receive offers from those who fit your preferences.
2. Use Your Car To Make Money
Do you have a reliable car? If so, you can use it to make some extra cash in one or more of the following ways:
- Rideshare — Services like Uber and Lyft hire contractors who earn money driving people around. But each platform has different vehicle requirements, so ensure you fit the bill before signing up.
- Rent out your vehicle — You can rent out your car for a day, an entire week, or even just an hour. Plenty of apps let you do this, and the most reliable screens the drivers before allowing them to hire your vehicle. So, you're essentially making money without doing anything!
- Shop for and deliver groceries — Shipt and Instacart send you a customer's grocery list that you follow and deliver to them.
- Deliver food — Uber Eats, DoorDash, and others hire contractors to pick up takeout orders from nearby restaurants and deliver them to customers.
3. Become A Caregiver
If you have experience in social work or nursing, you could think about joining a care-based gig-worker platform. These sites connect you with residents looking for babysitters or companions for the elderly. Sometimes, you'll be given opportunities to tutor or help around the house for even more money.
4. Do Household Chores For Money
People in your city who require help around the home post the details on platforms like TaskRabbit. You sign up to become a "Tasker" and provide the services customers need.
The best part about this sort of work is setting your rates and keeping 100% of your earnings! And yes, people will often tip you.
On top of that, the tasks are often pretty straightforward, such as:
- Fixing broken furniture
- Fixing a household appliance or a leaky faucet
- Delivering groceries
- Running basic errands
- Moving furniture and hanging pictures
- Removing junk
- Organizing and decluttering
- Washing the dishes
- Cleaning the kitchen
- Doing the laundry
- Picking up dog excrement
- Washing cars
- Cleaning the pool
- Cleaning the gutters or yard work
- Mowing lawns
5. Try A Title Loan
Finally, you can get a title loan if you need money in less than 24 hours. Remember that you shouldn't get one unless it's an emergency.
With our loans, you can borrow between $300 and $10,000, depending on the value of your vehicle. Our process is quick and easy; it'll be over in around half an hour.
Follow the steps below to get one:
- Complete the online form found on this website. Ensure you click title loans because we also offer installment loans. It won't take very long to complete (roughly five minutes).
- Once we receive your information, one of our loan associates will give you a call to discuss the process, ensure you have the required items, and answer questions. You'll also decide whether you want to meet at our New Mexico Title Loans, Inc. branch or a more convenient location. This phone call tends to happen quickly after submitting the form, so make sure your phone is nearby.
- Bring your state-issued photo ID, lien-free vehicle title, and vehicle to the agreed meeting place.
- Sit down with a loan representative who examines your documents and assesses your vehicle to determine how much money you qualify for.
- Once approved, sign a few documents, and complete the rest of the paperwork with the loan associate's help.
- Finally, receive the money you need on the same or the following bank business day.
Get A Title Loan In New Mexico
If you don't have time to make money working, fill in the form to get a title loan from us on the same or the very next day.
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.